Sunday, May 15, 2011

so what's next?

The boys were only with us for the weekend, they arrived on friday and were placed with a relative monday evening. I am thrilled the boys got to go to a safe, familiar home.
I am not so thrilled that my husband doesn't know if he wants to foster any more.
I get that it was hard (we knew it would be)
I get that it was heart breaking when they left and didn't want to (we knew it would be)

I'm pretty thrown that he's so upset and making such a decision so quickly.
I'm doing what I've become accustomed to: preparing myself for the worst.
I've already mourned the fact that I may never have a biological child.
Now I feel like I need to mourn that I may never be a mother period.
You see, it's not that my husband no longer wants children. It's that now he wants biological children more than ever. He wants to start TTC again. We already did that for 2 years. 2 long, heartbreaking, tiresome, faith questioning, relationship testing years. But, those years were also hopeful and full of dreams and magical.

I'm feeling just about every emotion possible right now: sad, scared, angry, hopeful, anxious, excited... the list goes on and on.
pray for us...

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say except I'm praying for you!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about taking in a newborn or young child who is already on an adoption track?

    A sibling group, two little ones like that was a lot for anyone, especially first timers! Perhaps your husband would be more open to less challenging scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! still not sure what's going to happen next but i hope we find a way to build our family soon!

    ReplyDelete