Saturday, July 24, 2010

heffalumps and woozles (aka the fear)

For those of you who didn't grow up with winnie the pooh sing-a-longs heffalumps and woozles are those sneaky little creatures pooh thinks are out to steal his pot of honey.
Lately I've had my own share of heffalumps. I'm not worried about any pots of honey, but I am worried about my ability to become a mother. My husband and I have come to terms with the fact that we may never conceive a child. How our babies come to us was never really the important part, which is one of the main reasons we opted out of trying treatment and went towards adoption. However not being able to be parents is another story. This is where the heffalumps start popping in to say hello and the woozles creep into my dreams at night.
I'll be the first to say it... I am afraid!
I'm scared we won't be approved. Or that we'll never find a child for permanent placement. Or there will be an error in paperwork. But mostly I'm scared someone is going to look at me and my wonderful husband, who would be the best father in the world, and say we don't get to be parents.
Ugh that was rough, I think I need some honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment