Monday, July 19, 2010

happy anniversary and "despicable me"

my husband and i have been married for 2 years today. As with any holiday, there's a slight twinge due to the fact that we still don't have a child to share it with, but in some ways i am thankful for this fact. We're starting this year with more hope than ever. I feel like it's been 20 years and i wouldn't have it any other way! We've been through so much together and this is just the beginning of the ride...
ok enough with the mushy gushy and on to "despicable me". We went to my new favorite place, the drive-in for our anniversary (I may have to do an entire blog on the drive-in someday) and saw "despicable me". I LOVED IT! I'm a big fan of kids movies... hubs can take em or leave em, but he loved it too. The music was great. I laughed a lot and yes, i will admit it i may have had a tear or two slip, but they were happy ones :) And, once we have the joy of being parents, it is definitely something i will watch with my children. (ok, maybe one tear slipped when all the families at the drive in were hugging and kissing and i wished we had a little one or ones to do so with). It also left me knowing that someday our family will be complete, but for now the hubs is all i truly need. (i love you for ever and ever)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    My husband and I love the drive-in!! We saw Toy Story 3 over fourth of July weekend at our drive-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i hadn't been to a drive-in in years until i went to see eclipse and now i'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete